DIY All Purpose Spray And Wipe

I've tried so many DIY spray and wipe recipes, nothing has worked, they would either smell foul or not cut through grease and grime like the commercial sprays. I have no idea why I didn't think of this recipe sooner, its so simple yet so effective.


The first recipe I used was methylated spirits with some essential oils. It was recommended by an owner of an organic shop who didn't use any chemicals in her home, so I thought I would give it a go. Well it burnt my nasal passages, made me dry reach and my oldest son (8) how has a few household duties to do (like wiping down his bathroom sink, wiping down the dining room table, and kitchen cupboard doors) refused to use it. I also noticed it discoloured the varnish on our table.

The second recipe I used was distilled whit vinegar with essential oils. This was far less toxic but still had a strong smell, I also found that it didn't cut through grease and grime and that I would need to a squirt some dishwashing liquid onto the surface I was cleaning just to shift what I was cleaning.

This recipe came out of desperation, but it's brilliant and I will not be using anything else! It's a combination of heavily diluted castile soap and germ fighting essential oils.

To make your own on guard essential oil blend you can find the recipe here

To make your own liquid castile soap you can find the tutorial here





Comments