Pumpable Hand Lotion (All Natural)

After moving onto the farm, my hands have become so dry. I decided to experiment and make a pumpable hand lotion as I knew I would be more likely to use it several times a day as opposed to my tub of rose water face cream which I would only use once a day. As I have a small business making skin care,  formulating a lotion that could be used in a pump bottle was fairly easy. I created this recipe to be made in a thermomix, if you do not have one, you can use a double boiler to melt the solids and then transfer it into a blender or use an immersion blender.


I'm so happy with the end result, my hands have become much softer and are not itchy anymore.

I've used essential oils in here to heal my skin naturally, I formulated my own beauty blend, a combination of Frankincense (to rejuvenate your skin), Indian (or Hawaiian or Australian) Sandalwood (for healthy and smooth skin), Lavender (soothes skin irritations, and helps skin recover quickly), Myrrh (soothes skin), Helichrysum (helps skin recover quickly) and Rose (helps balance moisture levels in the skin).

You can use any combination you like, but these oils are known for their skin healing properties ( I personally would stay away from citrus oils for Dermatitis or if you were going into the sun 12-24 hours after application as they are phototoxic) . Other oils you may like to consider are Roman Chamomile (soothing for dry skin), Juniper Berry (healing for dermatitis and eczema) and Thyme (healing for dermatitis).

You can find good quality essential oils here.


Comments