New Life On The Farm

We couldn't believe it when one of our guests spotted twins near the water tanks! Twin lambs born only moments before we spotted them. It was quite an effort herding them down to the stables, knowing what we know now we would have just carried the babies and let mumma sheep follow us. They did extremely well until we arrived at the stables and the smallest twin decided he had had enough of walking so took a break, that's when I decided it was time to carry them, mumma Eugenie was okay with me taking her babies and she followed along. Once in the stable and alone she birthed her placenta so the babies must have only been minutes old. They were very wet when I picked them up to carry them. I couldn't believe how tiny and light they were. The twins are a boy and a girl and we have named them (girl) lamby (after Jireh moos toy lamb) and (boy) rammy (just because).



The next day I was heading out to the stock feeders to pick up some higher protein hay, and as I was about to leave the driveway I spotted another baby lamb, this one must have been born in the early hours. I was by myself, I told the kiddos to stay in the car and I managed to catch the feisty lamb and walk him down, mumma Beatrice followed and was happy for me to take him but has been very protective since. The singleton is a very large boy and after some negotiations with Squiz who wanted to call him dinner, we managed to change his name to Chump.


Comments