Adding PIGS To Our Farm

A while back I saw a post of Facebook, a local lady was rehoming her two pet miniature pigs, they were free with the proviso that they do not become bacon. I offered to take them in as I wanted some tilling pigs. They would work in my garden, digging up the grass and roots, pooping everywhere, and I would feed and love them. Love was not instant, I may have become slightly petrified of them, but as we both settled into our new lives, I think we have gotten used to each other. They will now sit for food from me, allow me to rub and scratch them and they do not growl at me any more.



We have kept them in the pig sty, we had intended to get them out to pasture sooner, but the location we were going to put them in was unsuitable as the cows knocked the fence over, and I didn't particularly feel like chasing them all over our 54 acres by myself. I think I found the perfect spot but it will only have enough food for them for a couple of days until we need to move them again. I'm hoping we can move them out this weekend.

Comments